Maximizing Comfort & Clarity
If you want the visual correction of glasses with the option of improved comfort, then a properly-fitted pair of prescription contact lenses may be exactly what you’ve been seeking.
Modern contact lenses can correct most refractive errors, and suit the lifestyles of many Canadian adults and kids.
Chestermere Optometry offers contact lens fittings and exams to ensure clear vision, a comfortable fit, and the highest-quality brands for our discerning lens-wearing patients.
Reach out to us today for more information about contact lens exams and fittings.
Comprehensive Contact Lens Exams
More patients are considering contact lenses, especially now that significant advances in contact lens technology have made them accessible to a broader variety of prescriptions. Your optometrist will perform a thorough eye exam and assess your overall eye health to determine your candidacy for contact lenses.
Contact Lens Fitting & Trial
Once we’ve determined your contact lens prescription, we’ll provide a fitting to ensure we find the perfect pair of lenses for your eye shape. When we’ve found the best possible fit, you’ll head home with your first pair of trial contact lenses!
Adjusting to your new lenses may take some time, and it’s okay if you don’t fall in love with your first pair. You’ll be checking in regularly with our team at Chestermere Optometry, who are ready to help with your transition to frameless freedom!
The Skinny on Contact Lenses
- Who can wear contact lenses: Most patients who wear glasses can easily transition to contact lenses because they typically offer the same quality of vision correction. However, some individuals may not be good candidates for contact lenses, depending on overall eye health and other factors.
- Replacement schedules: There are different types of contact lens replacement schedules, such as:
- Daily disposable lenses: These lenses are slightly more expensive, but are highly convenient and hygienic.
- Bi-weekly or monthly disposable lenses: These lenses are taken out every evening and soaked in a solution.
- Extended-wear lenses: These lenses can be worn 24/7, but must be replaced weekly or monthly, depending on the brand.
- Prescription types: Just like eyeglasses, contact lenses come in a variety of prescriptions. The prescription for your contact lenses will be different from your eyeglass prescription to accommodate where the lens sits on your eye.
Care & Maintenance
Caring for your contact lenses is a little different from eyeglasses. We will be happy to provide directions on how to promote the longevity of your new lenses.
If you have questions about contact lenses, talk to our fantastic team. We want to make sure your eyes are comfortable and happy. We’d love to set you up with the perfect pair of contact lenses.
Book your contact lens exam today!